Kingston Girl has inspired me to make a list of No No’s in a salsa club:
- Sweaty hand Man: a simple hand wipe on your jeans will take care of this
- Excessive Sweating Guy: You know the kind, your body barley touches his and its like you took a dip in the ocean. He always brings an extra shirt to the club…..
- Arrogant Flashy dancer who cares more about spinning himself than making you look good.
- Wide turn men: Ladies this is importante: If a guy can’t control your spin, he is very likely to drop you….you don’t want some fool who watched “Dancing with the Stars” last night, spinning you five times till your dizzy, only to lose you and end up on the floor.
- Grinders: Cheesy men who use the drum beats songs to grind up on you, bwoy my Shakira moves are fine tuned and if I want to grind up on you, you will know….until then keep your distance.
- Hard On men…yeah we can feel it, and yes we know all the heat is “exciting” but show some control man!!!!
- Fabio’s who come attired in spandex….No dude No!
- Counters: They’ve taken classes and continue to count out steps in their head, and every time they mess up they have to stop and recount….dude fake it, its dancing its fun, u mess up carry on…….no one’s going to notice.
- Limb Yankers: Do not pull on my limbs when turning me around, I am a delicate creature. And I can follow jut fine…
- The droppers: Complicated dips are reserved for practiced men with a little girth, if you’re a puny and have taken two classes, there is no need to try intricate dips.
- Advice Givers: The type of man who thinks he can dance. In fact he is so sure of his superior dance skills than instead of being the man and leading you around the floor, he stops to give you ‘helpful’ advice on how you should be moving. This keener gotta keep moving.
- Wall Hugers: You’ve come to a salsa club, hugging the wall sipping on a beer is not optional, if you don’t know how to dance, learn, its fun, and you don’t even have to dance salsa, just move your behind to show that you appreciate the wonderful band.
- Fugly Men: Like the one I blogged about bellow, who see fit to ask you why you aren’t smiling….its cuz you’re a&& is annoying me right now….and you are not good looking, and are lacking the essential charm to make your comments interesting…so Buzzzzzzzzz off
Ladies, did I miss any? Gentleman you have any gripes?