Thursday, August 09, 2007

On butterflies


I have a date tomorrow.

A girl from my work insisted that she set me up with her boyfriend’s friend; my first sort of ‘blind date.’ I am not sure if this is indicative of a new milestone in my life. I’ve been pretty against the whole blind date idea in the past, (never did have a problem meeting men) but with my epiphany over the weekend, I decided to give it a try.

I am still flying high from my weekend with Miami Boy. I keep walking around singing ‘Suga, Suga’ and throwing little whines in the elevator or in my office when no one’s looking… (I know I am such a nerd.) I meet great men all the time, but every now and then (usually every three years) I meet one who gives me butterflies…

Funny thing though, when I am actually into a guy, I get star struck; like those girls on TV who meet Enrique and begin to cry. I never know what to say and my usually witty repertoire comes out awkward. With the rest of mankind, I am my usual flirty self, so perhaps it’s good that I have a crush on Miami boy right now, at least I won’t be awkward with Pollack.


I’m hoping I get lucky twice this month and this new fellow will be able to stir my stomach a wee bit too.

13 comments:

Dee said...

get lucky?
Girl, maybe you better play the lottery.
These men are just a pain in the butt.
How's the place coming along? I don't see any pictures.

Jhaldir said...

LOL@ "throwing little whines". Sounds like Miami boy taught you how to "pelt waist"! Good for you!

So... as a whining connoisseur I am curious as to whether or not you have an ambidextrous waist (meaning can you whine in either direction comfortably)?

Crankyputz said...

Fyah... I'm not saying im like those awesome Ja women who get on their heads and pump it, but I can hold my own

SimplEnigma said...

Whoo hoo! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Just take it from me (who's had plenty blind dates and fixups): Go with the flow; don't go in with any expectations (including hopes of butterflies) and for God's sake don't think about GG or Miami Boy or whatever we're calling him today, cos that's gonna throw off ur signal with Mr. Fixup.

Remember bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Anxiously waiting...

(PS Your emails keep coming back to me...what's up?)

The OE said...

Have you checked anyone's background lately? Let's hope he's not an enemy agent.

Stephen A. Bess said...

There's nothing like the natural high one gets from attraction. It's a beautiful thing. All the best on your date. Peace~

Christie said...

I have to admit, the thought of going on a blind date freaks me out. But when I hear my friends horror stories, I send a secret thank you to whoever is listening that I am married. Good luck with that, though.

Anonymous said...

Just make sure we hear about the date. I've never been on a blind-date.

Jdid said...

so how'd the date go?

Crankyputz said...

its today peeps

Anonymous said...

whine wine wining they are all one thing .... but the grip is where its at.. YEAH MAN!!!

Have fun your date its good to see the word not being to hang up any more

Anonymous said...

ooopopppps ".... on your date... the world... " mensa puzzle drained me

Anonymous said...

suga suga - I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!

And wining in inappropriate places at work - done that too