Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama

At last night salsa fete, I got flipped twice, both times I screamed.

I thought that was going to be the highlight of my night, boy was I wrong.

Some fellows I grew up with in Dubai who were doing a mini reunion at a sports bar down the street decided to drop in. We did a shot together, and I continued on to the party. There was one fellow who I has never met before was acting strange. The fella was clearly drunk and first threw a bottle of water on me and then punched me in the arm. So I walked away from the group and continued dancing with a friend.

Two songs later, crazy fella, comes up and tries to strong arm me into doing another shot with them. I shake him off, and continue dancing. Out of nowhere crazy dude comes up and tries to attack my dance partner. I was horrified. A huge co fuddle ensues. Once things calm down, I ask one of the guys to take the crazy fella home. To which he replies oh don’t worry he’s fine now. Ladies and Gentleman, if you ever want to piss off Cranky, you tell her things are fine, when they are not. Crazy fella continues to act crazy all night, until he passes out on the floor and has to be carried out by four grown men.

This whole event was a monumental embarrassment, a ruination of an almost perfect fun night. I don’t really care much about being upset with crazy fella, I don’t know him, and will never see him again. But the guy I grew up with who did nothing to stop crazy, nor took him home when it was clear he was out of control, is someone I cannot even think of continuing a friendship with. How cowardly is a man who sits back and watches events he has the power to affect?

5 comments:

Pepper said...

what the hell??!?!?!?

Stephen A. Bess said...

That is definitely not how a "man" would handle it. Glad you're all right.

Anonymous said...

Run weh dat wuss of a friend, yes!

Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

I can definitely understand your frustration. I agree with Stephen. This is not how a "man" would handle the situation.

Too bad you had such a crazy experience. I'm glad you're OK.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Jdid said...

well that sucks