Friday, August 07, 2009

On Love Affairs....

Six years ago I met a guy. He was sweet, tall, good looking, and he took me on the best date I have ever been on. The date lasted 14 hours. It was like many great movie scenes melting into another. The second time we went out, I bought my friend J and he bought his friend J. The two J’s hit it off. Really hit it off. Pretty soon, while we were sitting in a park innocently holding hands and the two J’s were on the park bench dry humping.

They got married a year ago.

My dude disappeared off the face of the earth.

This weekend, while walking back to the car, after a disappointing foam fete….(turned out to be a peppers spray fete) a tall, hunky man comes up to me. He is nothing short of delicious….and we chat it up and he says, don’t go home its too early, bring your friend and come with my cousin to this party down the road. Now my friend V was tired, but this TDW (tall drink of water) was so cute, I couldn’t resist. Soon his cousin starts to chat up V. Arm in arm we walk down queensquay to the other party and we have a great time.

A couple of hours later I am sitting outside eating some shark n bake and I realize TDW has a tattoo just about his ear. A woman’s name tattoo-ed on the side of his head; eventually I find out that he has a lovely girlfriend, who he is mad in love with, except that he has a pesky habit of meeting pretty girls and wanting to talk to them. Sigh. I look around and realize that V, on the other hand is truly digging the cousin. They are laughing and smiling and soon I see the unmistakable look of two people falling for each other.

A week later, I am sitting at home, alone, getting depressed about lasagna and the cousin is traveling five hours to meet up with Miss V, talking about having a small weddings and where they are going to live the rest of their lives.

I inspire love affairs!

7 comments:

Jumbie said...

think of yourself as a catalyst for good things...

Stephen A. Bess said...

:)it's beautiful that these people are falling in love this way - unexpectantly. Celebrate their love, support them, and out of nowhere there will be someone for you - unexpectantly. Then, you will have your testimony of love. Take care.

Jdid said...

lol, stuff happens i guess

Jdid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scratchie said...

Matchmaker without uttering a word. Female version of Hitch.

kimba said...

OH CP!

Bugger to your happy dry humping friends!

You deserve a bit of dry humping of your own.. x

Miz JJ said...

I'm convinced it will happen for you too.