Monday, March 27, 2006

Another Weekend

So here's a recap of my week/weekend. D was leaving for T&T and had to buy lists of things for his family. His family turned out to be pretty demanding and specific as to what they wanted. Like one uncle wanted oxi clean stuff, but a foam, nothing else. So we had to parade around for four hours looking for foam. Foam that no one had ever heard of. In my mind I was secretly thanking my sweet cousins in India who called me like four times to thank me for sending them my leftover clothes.

Friday night, I drop him to the airport at 4 in the morning and it is a snow storm, the kind they warn you not to drive in. People are spinning out all over the road, and I am muttering hail mary's wondering why I volunteered to do this. It seemed more romantic and kind when the roads were dry. Anyway I drop him off and he says something to the effect of why don't you park and come in....at this point its like 5 in the morning, his flight leaves at 6....Seemed pointless, plus its snowing buckets and I just want to get to my safe home. So I say ta have fun, catch you on the flip side and he is on his way. I drive home, and he calls once to find out where I am and says call me and leave me a msg when you get home. I drive along, its snowing so hard you can't see anyone around you, and Im fine, till about 10 mins from my house, where I finally see other cars, I start to weave out of control. I mean I am literally going from side to side....Screaming on the top of my lungs, Oh Stop it....(like my car cared or could hear me.) Anyhoo I finally regain control, and mosey along home. Like a good woman I call and leave Dracs a four minute msg, saying omigosh I almost died call me back. And nothing. He left without calling me back. I called him at least 3 times before his supposed take off time and he didn't even call me back. I mean, jeez he could have called back for two minutes just to commiserate. Grr...

The rest of the weekend was pretty eventful, after I got back at 6 in the morning, I decided to see what we had as a snack, only to discover our freezer was dead. And everything had melted, including the chicken and fish, and it was all swimming around in this nasty mixture of stuff. Grossest thing.....had to happen when the parents were far far away.

I woke up the next morning, having to clean the crap up. Forced Ny to help me, pretended to gag a lot, so that he did most of the dirty part of getting the juice out, but eventually he got wiser and made me scrub it down. Most gross and awful job I have ever had to do, thank you Jesus so much for not making me the poor daughter of a fish monger.

Later friend called and gave us tickets to see the Toronto Marliee's otherwise known as the baby leafs, so Ny and I set out at like 6 for a 7 o'clock game, only we got a wee bit lost and got there during the 2nd period. However we had few seating issues. First off, we sat in the section, only to have this woman point out to us during the next half time that we were in the wrong seats and we had to move......?? Why are people so picky~ freakin goras.....anyway we went over to the next section, but Nigel was eyeing the empty seats near the glass, and convinced me we should go sit there. Lo and behold, we barley sit down, and remove our phone camera's to take pictures of the players faces...Which we can now see.....That some overly enthusiastic I take my job way too seriously dude, comes over and says, ma'am do you have tickets for these seats? And sends us right back to our sad destiny.

No comments: