Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Caribana Weekend

I jumped Up. I wined Up. I did my part to keep the festivities going. I met my so called boyfriend at a fete, and decided to give up all pretenses. We are over…like a four leaf clover. (I know that is silly and doesn’t make sense, but the lines been in my head all weekend long.)

I took my baby brother out with us this weekend. He isn’t such a baby really, almost eighteen, three times my height. And he is downright scandalous. He was chasing the women down like a hound hunting deer. At one point two little pickney’s caught him and let him have it. All while his bigger sister looked on in amusement and horror. What happened to my sweet little boy who followed me around like a shadow? Ek.

Carnival in Yuh Backyard was hot. Met the goddess boy from my birthday. I was a little starry eyed from one too many rum and cokes. He was a hottie. As I was leaving he says email me Tuesday. Alritee then.

So I take the train down with alien hands this morning and he tells me that goddess boy doesn’t drive, out of choice. He is my age and never felt the urge to get his license. Now I suppose most of you might find this shallow, but who in Canada doesn’t feel the need to get their license. I mean it is one thing not to have a car, it is quite another not to ever have gotten your license. Hello, when you are at the bus stop freezing your nuts off, it must cross your mind at least once.

Fate is being cruel to me.

No comments: