Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Case of 'Tabanka'

I had lunch with some of Dracs friends. I tried to avoid it, but I couldn't find a way out without seeming petty, so I went.

Turns out I am suffering from a case of 'Tabanka,' which is trini speak for grieving over the end of a relationship, the part where you conveniently remember only the good times, listen to sappy songs and somehow manage to apply it to your situation. Me gots a serious case of Tabanka. Though I wouldn't admit it to anyone but an anonymous blog.

So in honor of my 'Tabanka' here are some corny quotes from my Fav Corny show, Grey's Anatomy:

"Hurts less if you don't see it coming."

"George, the pity thing? Not good. If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more.The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them."

"She wanted you to know that if love were enough, she'd still be here with you."

No comments: