Thursday, September 28, 2006


The following conversation just ensued:

Boss: Oh Yeah I have two pairs of crocs, one in black and another in Green

Me: (Horrified Silence)

Boss (looking mildly appalled): You don’t have a pair?

Me: Tell me you don’t wear them in public. Tell me you only wear them in the privacy of your own home.

Boss: Oh your just not with the times….I saw LS from Finance he was wearing them too.

Me: LS is over sixty and hardly a fashionista.

Boss: It is in fashion I tell you and they are so comfortable

Me: Do Not wear them in public again, you’re my boss,….I have a reputation to maintain

Boss: (looking sly) I have a corner gas t-shirt I ordered online, that goes with it.

Me: (Passed out from the sheer horror of it all.)

I love that I can chat with my boss like this. Now if I could only get him to give me work I like.

4 comments:

Marika said...

Urg...the whole idea of these things as public footwear makes me shudder. Here in Australia we're a few years behind the times and they're just starting to emerge as summer sets in. I've seen a few pairs out on the street so far this year and they inspire me to run up to the wearer, tip them out of their shoes and fling them into the river.

I hear you.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who is a chef and he swears by them. FOR WORK ONLY!!

jennifer_starfall said...

ew. i wear dansko shoes, so everyone just assumes i like ugly comfortable shoes.

i refuse to buy a pair. they'r so ugly they make my teeth hurt.

Eddo said...

You are a riot.

"LS is over sixty and hardly a fashionista." this line is classic.