Wednesday, September 13, 2006

On seeing Dracs again.

It is freezing in my office. Sub Zero Temperatures. I am clutching my Earl Grey tea close, like a comforting warm water bottle. I really need to understand maintenance jobs better. How hard is it to turn up the temperature a few degrees when it’s rainy and cold outside?

Yesterday was our annual golf tournament. I was a volunteer at the spa. It was the best volunteer gig ever. I got a pedicure, massage and my hair done. Plus I got to drink martinis and schmooze the VP of Olympics, who said ‘send me your resume’…..perhaps she said it to be polite, but heck it was the first thing I did today.

Then there was the evening gala, and of course Draconian was there, with his soft poofy hair, the brown sweater I picked out from Banana Republic and his betty boo lips. He looked so gallantly happy that I wanted to dump my martini on his head. He said, “Hello Miss Crank Putz,” To which I coolly replied, Hello Draconian and walked away. Eventually he sauntered over and started chatting with our group. When people dispersed he asked in his charming way, “You don’t call nobody anymore?” I just looked at him and was luckily rescued by a passerby. My hand was itching to slap him hard. He then said, ‘Goodbye ladies,’ and was off. Only I caught his cheesy smile, like he was so very happy with himself, which made me angrier. In the tent he made his little pouty face at me. I looked the other way and as soon as it was done I ran to the safety of my car. Of course all the way home I secretly hoped he would call. Well what did you expect, I ain’t no saint. He didn’t. So I am pretending that I took the high road in the situation. However I am upset with Karma and the big G, Draconian did look like he was suffering at all. What’s up with that?

In other news I was picked up by the massage therapist onsite. I was pondering the many benefits of dating a massage therapist. I must call him. It is a no brain-er.

No comments: