Wednesday, November 22, 2006

On Great Tuesdays


You know what I got for all my Tae Kwan Do shout outs? My ass kicked.

In Olympic Training class you run crazy drills for an hour and half. Every now and then we spar each other. Until yesterday I was pretend sparring since I didn’t have any equipment. Yesterday my much too helpful instructor decided to lend me his.

And then they hit me for real. They hit hard, couple times they missed and my thigh is now sporting some heavy bruises. (I have to say here that I am the biggest weenie to exist.) Frankly before TKD, the most physical activity I had every preformed was walking down to the basement. I kept crying out and running to the other end of the djo at which the instructor, would hold me in place to ensure I got my share of the beating.

Also went to 6 degrees last night. On Tuesdays they have a live Latin band. The band last night was Cuban and they played all the famous songs. I had a great time dancing it up. I took Fathead (my much younger brother) along with friends. Fathead’s been taking dance classes with one of his followers and he has gotten quite good. However he was the youngest person there by a mile. And he became prey for all the old ladies, the real old ladies. They loved him. Kept offering to teach him Bachata….poor fellow was a little turned off by their extra soft skin, but he was a good sport.

Funniest was hearing Fathead describe his bathroom experience. He goes to wash his hands and there’s the bathroom fellow standing there, first he opens the faucet for fathead, then as Fathead reaches to get soap, he reaches out and squirts some in his hand. So here’s fathead scrubbing extra hard, because he knows buddy is watching him. Finally buddy hands him a towel, and fathead cleans thoroughly and attempts to hand the towel back to him, and the guy tells no no you just toss it in there. Ahh first experiences, whish I could go back.

Met a hottie last night, he supposedly memorized my number, but frankly I don’t trust Latin memories.

Got into bed at about one and at two I get one of those silent calls.
Note to all: If you must call me at two in the morning, you are obligated to whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you're a chick so it can slide. What's the appeal of Latin men anyway? Did Mr. Hottie call?

Crankyputz said...

Let's see, they can dance, they sing songs in another sexy language, and if you get the right one they have the perfect 'tan' skin....trouble is some of them aren't the brightest bulbs in the shed....last nights seemed promising though....Unless it was him at 2 am, testing out the number, Nope no call yet....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the other appeal is that they have the sweetest talk... but unfortunately that's often all it is - talk that they are giving to everyone!

Crankyputz said...

Have to disagree....The LM's talk sweet, but the Trini's beat them on that count, when the Trini's wanna talk, they can make you swoon, and then you wake up, wondering what hit ya....