- You get into work, say good morning, and then disappear to get a bagel for half an hour….and nobody misses you.
- Your phone rings twice a day, both times its your mum, who calls you out of sympathy.
- You can dedicate an entire portion of your day to blogging activities…..entire afternoons, or mornings…so much so that it begins to feel like work.
- After screening all the blogs in your favorites you press the NEXT button, to check out random blogs.
- Between 4.15 pm to 4.30 pm, you actually watch each minute go by.
- You couldn’t care less if people see that your on non work related sites for most of the day
- You have the audacity to sit down with your boss and say, we need to talk…..
- You save work, so that you have something to do tomorrow. And even after ‘saving’ for an entire week, your done in an hour, Monday morning.
- You are jealous of work-a-holics, you envy friends who work twelve hour shifts.
- You consider taking up smoking so as to have something meaningful to do three times a day.
- You have time to analyze every past relationship in excruciating detail
- You become the main ‘event planner’ for your group. So much so that people email you vague descriptions of things/events/restaurants /people they’ve heard of, and you find it instantly.
- You no longer take personal calls or run errands after four thirty p.m.
- You habitually take an hour and half lunch every Thursday, and never worry about being ‘swamped’ when you get back.
- When work is sent your way, you get excited….so much so that you need a minute to calm down.
- You have organized, itemized and relabeled all the files in your office.
- You have time to make lists like this one.
Friday, November 10, 2006
You know you need a new job when: