Tuesday, September 18, 2007

At 6 am this morning I made a trek out to King City for a leadership seminar my team put together.

And being the minion of my change management group, there I was walking up the two km hike in my pretty black and white open toe heels, carrying all the materials, name tags I had painstakinly made through the season premier of Prison Break and all sorts of other HEAVY paraphernalia cursing the learning the centres obvious love of walking trails, feeling very much like Anne Hathway in the Devil Wears Prada, Troubling deaf heaven with my bootless cries, and generally cursing my fate, when I notice as I approach the centre, a large garbage bin with a huge sign saying "You can now Leave you ego here….”

Why is change management so damn humbling???

Damn these inspirationally happy people.....

9 comments:

bitsandgiggles said...

It's ironic because I'm sure there are plenty of people who work at the center who absolutely hate their jobs too. Minions of the world unite!

Dee said...

I'm sorry, did you take work home? To your nice home where you live without interruptions from uninvited people? WHY?

Jdid said...

wu sah! wu sah! does this mean we'll be seeing a brand new, new and improved, fresh for fall 2007 CrankyPutz? This I must see!

Anonymous said...

LMAO. Odd, I just attended a leadership training bright n early this morning miself.

However unlike you, I only had to lug myself to the 14th floor, where I found my packet neatly arranged.

Hehe.

Miz JJ said...

That is why I carry a big purse. To put my cute shoes on later.

Unknown said...

I like that sign. Very creative. Now publish more posts minion!

Unknown said...

Very innovative sign, seems it hit the spot.

Dee said...

did they tie you to a chair and lock you in a conference room? When are you going to update your blog? Should we call the cops? Is that what the police is called in Canada?

Adrian said...

call the mounties? for real what do they call them up there?

I guess her new found indpendence has made her into a recluse